Part One: Normal life
Sx finished school at lunchtime so he and I went for lunch at the pub. Another REALLY hot and sticky day – a thunderstorm is needed!
Gx has got more into playing the piano lately so I chose him as my topic for today’s photos.
He does have a bit of a strange two-fingered claw like approach to playing!
Then time to do my lighting assignment for the course I am on this week. I find recognising and understanding lighting really tough!!
I have to warn you I was so grumpy doing these. I am not sure if this is because
1) it is unseasonably hot here and needs to have a big storm to clear the air
2) the children finished school today and are hot and tired
3) I am finding it hard to follow the threads on the course forum where every reply quotes previous photo rich posts and makes it hard to find the new nuggets of info. (Reply with quote is needed as so many people are posting in one thread it would be difficult to know who was replying to what – but my head is spinning!)
4) I am finding it hard to follow all the new info in the course information (this is GOOD as I am getting lots of information. But I feel a little overwhelmed)
5) The visions I had of me doing this course and wafting from one natural light setup to another as life unfolds around me, smiling smugly whilst applying the new rules for lighting I have picked up thus far and taking shot after shot of breathtaking beauty…
…have been replaced with the reality of a harassed sweaty mum persuading unruly tired children to PLEASE sit still before bed in the same spot while I try and read what I am doing, try and appreciate what I am seeing while doing it and try and avoid having too much of the ironing forming colourful bokeh in the background!!